CLICK HERE TO RESERVE A PASS
Members in good standing can borrow passes to selected museums free of charge.
REMEMBER, NOT ALL MUSEUMS ARE OPEN EVERY DAY.
Check museums hours and closings by clicking on the museum’s direct link below.
Currently, the library has family passes for the following institutions:
- American Museum of Natural History – Free admission for two. One reservation per family every 6 months.
- Boscobel House and Gardens
- Bruce Museum
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Cooper Hewitt
- Discovery Museum and Planetarium – Four children under 18 free with one paid adult admission.
- Frick Collection
- Guggenheim Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Katonah Museum of Art
- The Museum of Modern Art
- Neuberger Museum of Art
- Paley Center for Media
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children -Buy one admission ticket, get one free.
- Stone Barns Center – One pass per family per month. (CLOSED SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 AND SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BORROWING A MUSEUM PASS
- Museum passes may be borrowed by Rye residents who are adult library cardholders in good standing.
- All fines must be paid and overdue items returned before borrowing a pass.
- Passes may be reserved up to one month in advance.
- Only one pass at a time may be borrowed per family, only three reservations can be made in a 30 day period.
- No back to back reservations for the same museum are allowed.
- Only one reservation for American Museum of Natural History is allowed per family, per every 6 months.
- Typical loan periods are three days (two nights) but shorter loan periods are possible.
- Make your reservation for the day you wish to pick up the pass. Not all museums are open every day. Click on the museum’s name to see that museum’s operating schedule.
- You can keep the pass for 3 days but the pass must be returned in person or in the book drop by midnight on the third day. Stone Barn pass reservation lengths vary.
- The pass cannot be returned to another library and cannot be renewed.
- Please call if you need to cancel a reservation. Passes not picked up on your chosen pick-up day will be released to the public.
- A fine of $10 will be charged for each day the pass is late.
- The full cost of the pass will be charged to the patron if the pass is not returned within seven (7) days. The cost of each pass varies and may be up to $250. In addition, the library may charge a replacement service charge of $50.