Magazines and Newspapers
All magazine and newspapers resources on this page require a library card
- Directory of Open Access Journals – A service that covers free, full-text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
- Flipster – Access digital editions of popular magazines: Car & Driver, Dwell, Ebony, Entertainment Weekly, Food Network Magazine, InStyle, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, People, People en Español, Prevention, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated and Time.
- Gannett Newsstand Complete (ProQuest) – Contains over 85 Gannett newspapers, 6 of which are New York newspapers. These include the Ithaca Journal, Poughkeepsie Journal, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Journal News (White Plains), Press and Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton) and Star-Gazette (Elmira).
- General OneFile – A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
- Google News Archive – Search and explore information from historical archives dating back over 200 years. For a quick how-to on using Google News Archive see this post on the Free Technology for Teachers blog.
- Infotrac Newsstand (Gale) – Full-text newspaper database has several NY newspapers, including the NY Times from 1985-Present, as well as over fifty national and international newspapers. Click here for a title list. (Full-text)
- NYS Newspapers – Collection of ten major newspapers published in New York State, searchable by section, keyword or relevance. (Full-text)
- Press Reader – All you can read newspapers and magazines from around the globe. For use in the library, click here.