All Ryebrary S.T.E.A.M.ers in grades 1 & 2 are invited to join the librarians once-a-month in our Read on...
Gizmos - Grades K-2 & Gadgets - Grades 3-5 Offers children a chance to engage in
hands-on Read on...
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is an early literacy program for infants and children up to age 5.
How to Participate:
- Sign up in the Children’s Room and receive your 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Folder.
- Read with your child. Studies have shown that reading with your child provides a great opportunity for bonding. Reading together is fun and will provide life-long memories for both of you.
- Every time you share a book with your child check off the next number on your log sheet in your folder. Repetition is great for learning so feel free to check off a separate number each time you read the same book.
- When you complete 50 books or more, Be sure to bring your folder with your log sheets to the library for a sticker & a trip to the treasure box.
- When you have read 250 books your child’s name will be included on our wall of stars.
- When you reach 1000 books recorded, your child will receive a special gift from the library and a certificate for completing the program!